Friday, October 21, 2011

Felted Computer Bag

I'm going to start off with posting the project that I have currently in my knitting basket. 
I started out with some yarn that I had received off of freecycle.  IT is a mix of unknown skeins and some 100% virgin wool from Kmart Brand color 599 winter white, 2 skeins of Alafoss Lopi, hespu-lopi  from Iceland in a milk chocolaty color,  from Southern yarn dyers - cream and grey 3ply going to separate the plys , and a Dark Grey, and a tan and brown unknown that both feel like a wool.   I’m just going to grab 4 of the colors and just knit in garter stitch changing colors as I go. I want a tweedy look once I’ve felted it. I CO 10 using a long tail cast-on and 9mm (US13) knitting needles.  Going to make the small sides, bottom and handle all at once. (long scarf).

The Materials
I have been working on it off and on for a few hours and have completed about 10" of the 'scarf' I will post more pictures as I go with this project.  I'm hoping to have this completed and felted by Thanksgiving.   Tomorrow I'm going to be working on a blanket for my daughter that I will be giving her for Christmas and maybe some cross-stitching.

Happy Stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment